Saturday, December 19, 2009

Nazi Joker



The last few days have been pretty dense with good movies. I watched Inglorious Basterds the other night. I saw it in the theater and loved it. I was a little worried a second viewing would show some flaws I overlooked the first time. Happy to say it totally holds up. That movie is close to flawless.
I could go on and on about it but I'll just talk about the stand out. Christoph Waltz as Col. Hans "The Jew Hunter" Landa. As far as I can tell it's his first English speaking role. He completely steals the show. Although, you want more horrible things to happen to the Nazis, you find yourself rooting for Landa. Amazing one liners from this character. Even though everything is good in this movies, during every scene without him I was just waiting for him to come on screen. Every time i saw him i wanted to cheer. A lot like Heath Ledger's Joker in Dark Knight. A Nazi Joker.


Another movie that totally held up was The Hangover. I've watched it twice since Tuesday. I've been a fan of Zach Galifianakis for a long time. There are comics who's weirdness is an act. I have a feeling that is how he rolls. He isn't the type of guy who can just audition for any role. I feel like the Alan was a part that was written for him. Of course, I'm a "ra-tard" and don't know this for sure. Fact checking is for sissies.

I've been fighting this long running battle with not hating people who say I remind them of Seth Rogen. Funny People didn't help me there. Of coarse I'm fatter. Is it sad that I really said "I wish I was in the shape Seth Rogen is in"?

The picture of me with my Boston Terrier was taking a year before Funny People was released. So that happened.
Regardless, Funny People is Apatow's best movie yet. I love that he has a sense of morality and his comedies are trying to say something. It's not just dick and fart jokes. He does sprinkle in the fart jokes in a such delightful way.

No comments: